We are inviting young students and more senior researchers interested in learning ab initio quantum Monte Carlo, one of the most accurate and versatile approaches for materials and electronic structure calculations, to apply for the upcoming TREX School on QMC with TurboRVB, taking place from 3-7 July 2023 in Trieste, Italy. This QMC summer school is organized by TREX project and it will be held in the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA).
It will be a great event to learn TurboRVB (QMC algorithms), TurboGenius (command-line tools to make QMC calculations user friendly), and TurboWorkflows (high-throughput computations) codes for QMC applications and tutorials. And, this time, to meet your peers and colleagues in person.
After many years of development, the TurboRVB code will be officially released as an open source package during this school.
Why should you join the School?
- The TREX project is offering participants free lodging, coffee breaks, lunch breaks and a social dinner during the School. This will be the perfect occasion to meet your peers and colleagues in person, share experiences and learn more about QMC methods and how to use them in practice.
- Participants are invited to submit their poster contributions and present results and ongoing activities at the School. The best poster winner will win a stay of one week at Sorbonne University, Paris, in the Quantum Theory of Materials group (IMPMC)
- After many years of development, the TurboRVB code will be officially released as an open source package during this school. Do not miss this event!
- Get the chance to explore beautiful Trieste, top-ranked in Italy for its quality of life, and to discover this town renowned for its scientific institutions. If you want to extend your stay in Trieste for one more week, the week after the school there will be a workshop organized at the ICTP about “QMC methods at work for describing novel states of matter”, a perfect follow-up of our school! Please, note that a separate registration is required for the ICTP workshop. Please, also note that the TREX project is not covering participant’s travel nor extra costs.
MORE INFO | PROGRAMME | REGISTRATION | VENUE
TREX project is inviting advanced PhD students and post-docs to join the “TREX workshop on electronic structure methods for strong correlation: theory, computational algorithms, and codes” which will be held on 18-20 April 2023 at the nstitute of Physics, Lodz University of Technology, Poland.
The primary purpose of the workshop is to provide insight into both theory and computer implementation of electronic structure methods dedicated to strongly correlated materials.
The workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn theories behind electronic structure methods for strongly correlated materials and to get insight into their computer implementation in open-source TREX flagship codes:
Each workshop session will consist of lectures and tutorials. Lectures will present theoretical backgrounds of the covered methods and numerical algorithms used in their computer implementation. Tutorial sessions, led by code developers, will provide participants with hands-on experience on using codes, paying special attention to high performance computing.
A separate session will cover application of machine learning to predicting molecular properties.
The workshop is open to all participants. Lectures will have a didactic character and we strongly encourage advanced PhD students and post-docs to participate.
Basis knowledge of ab initio electronic structure methods is required.
There is no registration fee. Free lodging in the university guest house will be provided to a limited number of participants, based on the first-come, first-serve basis (early registration is encouraged). Lunches are provided to all participants.
Are you a Ph.D. student or researcher wanting to learn more about Quantum Monte Carlo methods?
The TREX Centre of Excellence together with the EuroCC National Competence Center Sweden is organising a dedicated online workshop on 26, 27, 30, 31 January 2023 providing a comprehensive introduction to QMC methods and their practical application in molecular systems with the combined use of Quantum Package and the quantum Monte Carlo CHAMP code developed in the context of European Commission funded TREX project.
Each day of the workshop will be running from 09:00 to 13:00 CET and will be structured in two part:
- A set of lectures where participants will get the chance to learn about the foundations of QMC and its application to molecular systems as well as how QMC methods can help to solve current challenging problems in chemistry.
- A set of hands-on tutorials with practical QMC simulations using the Quantum Package and CHAMP codes. The tutorials will be running on LUMI, the first pre-exascale supercomputer of the EuroHPC Joint Undertaking which has now become the fastest and most energy-efficient supercomputer in Europe.
The workshop is intended for Ph.D. students and young researchers established in the European Union or a country associated with Horizon 2020. You can read more about the countries associated with Horizon2020 here. No previous experience on QMC methods is required.
The complete programme with speakers, agenda and registration can be found here:
Registration is open until 20 January 2023, 12:00 CET when selected participants will be announced.
We are inviting young students/researchers to the 2nd edition of TREX school on QMC with TurboRVB, organised Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) and TREX project.
The School will be held from 04-08 July 2022 in Trieste, Italy at Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) where you will get the chance to attend keynotes presentations, lectures, and hands-on tutorials and applications coming from our HPC experts within the TREX project.
Why should you join the School?
- The TREX project is offering participants free lodging, coffee breaks, lunch breaks and a social dinner during the School. This will be the perfect occasion to meet your peers and colleagues in person, share experiences and learn more about QMC methods.
- Participants are invited to submit their poster contributions and present results and ongoing activities at the TREX School. The best poster winners will get the opportunity to be financed as visiting students for one week: one winner will be visiting the SISSA in Trieste (IT) and another winner the CNRS in Paris (FR), with food and accommodation provided by the TREX project. Please fill out the online form to submit a poster. The deadline for poster submission is 26 June 2022 at 17:00 CEST.
- Get the chance to explore beautiful Trieste, top-ranked in Italy for its quality of life, and to discover this town renowned for its scientific institutions. TREX project is not covering participant’s travel costs.
- Registration is open until 24 June 2022, 17:00 CEST
- Selected participants will be announced immediately right after the completion of each registration
- Submission for the Call for Poster is until 26 June 2022, 17:00 CEST
PROGRAMME | REGISTRATION | CALL FOR POSTERS | VENUE
This is the final call to register to the QMC Hands-on Summer Workshop, organised by TREX project, Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAS), Institute of Physics SAS (IPSAS) and National Competence Centre for High-Performance Computing (NCHPC).
- Registration is open until 26 May 2022, 17:00 CEST
- Selected participants will be announced on 30 May 2022.
- Submission for the Call for Poster is open until 19 June 2022, 17:00 CEST
If you have not made up your mind yet about attending the QMC Hands-on Summer Workshop, take a look at the sessions’ descriptions and call for posters.
Selected students attending physically the event will take part in the TREX poster competition.
The winner will be offered the possibility to become a visiting student for one week at the Institute of Physics SAS in Slovakia with accommodation covered by the TREX project.