CECAM and Psi-k launch every year a call to organize a high-profile common research conference on an outstanding subject in the broad area of computational materials science; topics can range from applications in solid-state materials, soft matter, or biomolecules, to theoretical, methodological, and algorithmic advances.
We particularly encourage proposals that promote interdisciplinary exchange and focus on exceptional scientific challenges that go beyond current boundaries and foster the discussion of new developments.
The conference typically lasts between 3.5 and 5 days, and target a max of 100 participants, with a structure and format dedicated to foster plentiful discussions and informal interactions among the participants, proactively engaged by conference organizers and discussion leaders.
Here you can find details of previous conferences…
- 2018: CECAM / Psi-K Research Conference: Ab initio Spin-orbitronics [FINAL REPORT]
- 2017: CECAM / Psi-k Research Conference: BioMolecular Electronics (BIOMOLECTRO) [FINAL REPORT]
- 2016: No Research Conference
- 2015: No Research Conference due to the main Psi-k Conference taking place in San Sebastian
- 2014: CECAM / Psi-k Research Conference: Frontiers of first-principles simulations: materials design and discovery
- 2013: CECAM / Psi-k Research Conference: Multi-scale Modeling from First-Principles
- 2012: CECAM / Psi-k Research Conference: Computational Oxide Spintronics