Job announcements relevant to people interested in electronic structure calculations…
In light of the Russian military offensive in Ukraine, we request that announcements relating to events, jobs and other activities associated with institutions supported by the Russian and Belarusian states are not posted to the Psi-k forum.
Postdoctoral positions on computational material ... (No replies)
Back to Job listings...
Postdoctoral positions on computational materials design in China
Two postdoctoral research associate positions are available in the area of computational materials design, with a special focus on materials for energy storage and generation applications (hydrogen storage materials, electrocatalytic materials, battery materials, etc) at the Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Research areas include developing machine learning potentials for materials modelling, and/or mechanism study based on static and dynamic density functional theory (DFT) simulations. The computational work will be carried out in the group of Prof Guoliang Chai (https://people.ucas.ac.cn/~gchai?language=en), in collaboration with Dr Sanliang Ling (https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/engineering/people/sanliang.ling) at the University of Nottingham, UK. The positions will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of 2~3 years.
1. Experiences in computational chemistry/physics/materials.
2. Knowledge on DFT, molecular dynamics and/or machine learning approaches applied to computational materials modelling.
3. Highly motivated with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary and employment benefits：
• Salaries for postdoctoral research associates are set individually, which will be between 250,000~600,000 RMB/year, depending on experience.
To apply, please send the following materials (pdf) to Prof Guoliang Chai ([email protected]):
• Motivation letter for the position, describing the candidate’s research experience (2 pages).
• CV and publication list.
• Contact details of two references.