Job announcements relevant to people interested in electronic structure calculations
Postdoc position at CIC energiGUNE: In Silico Gu ... (No replies)
The Modelling and Computational Simulations group of Dr. Javier Carrasco ([email protected]) at CIC energiGUNE (Vitoria, Spain) is searching for a Postdoctoral researcher to engage in atomistic simulations on energy storage materials for application in rechargeable batteries. The candidate will join a multidisciplinary and collaborative team of theoretical and experimental Chemists, Physicists and Materials Scientists.
To apply state-of-the-art computational techniques, combining molecular and quantum mechanics with cheminformatics to inform the process of battery materials discovery, design well-defined combinatorial routes of new synthetic compounds, and assist in structure-based materials optimization.
Qualification requirements and skills:
- We are searching for a highly motivated and independent researcher with a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Applied Mathematics or other related topics.
- The candidate shall possess a strong background (at least four years of previous experience as demonstrated, for instance, by first author publications) in Solid-State Physics/Chemistry and Quantum Chemistry applied to crystalline or amorphous solids.
- High expertise in density functional theory electronic structure calculations is required.
- Good expertise in classical molecular dynamics simulations is desired.
- Experience of scientific programming and application of machine learning libraries and algorithms is also desirable.
- Expertise in mesoscale or multiscale modelling of electrochemical systems will be an asset.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team, as well as have very good command of English.
- The candidate should be able to effectively communicate with a variety of multidisciplinary audiences.
What we offer:
We offer a full time, 2 year, contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
How to apply:
Please visit the following link and follow the instructions.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Back to Job listings...