Messages from the Psi-k trustees and other topics of relevance to the Psi-k community, e.g. community-led software codes or databases…
In light of the Russian military offensive in Ukraine, we request that announcements relating to events, jobs and other activities associated with institutions supported by the Russian and Belarusian states are not posted to the Psi-k forum.
IUMRS-ICEM 2016 Symposium on Materials by Theore ... (1 reply)
The 2016 International Union of Materials Research Societies – International Conference on Electronic Materials (IUMRS-ICEM) will be held from 4 to 8 July 2016 in Singapore. Among the 14 symposia covering various topics of electronic materials, we are organizing Symposium N - Materials by Theoretical/Computational Design. This symposium covers all topics of computational materials science, with a focus on materials design by the genomic approach. Pioneers in materials genome (Gerbrand Ceder, Kristin Persson, Stefano Curtarolo, Matthias Scheffler, Chris Wolverton, Shyue Ping Ong, ……) will present their latest work and share their experience.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 29 February 2016. If you are interested in attending the conference, please submit your abstracts at the conference web site http://www.mrs.org.sg/icem2016/ before the end of February.
Highlights of IUMRS-ICEM-2016 include
- Plenary talk and public lecture by Nobel Laureate Professor Shuji NAKAMURA, among other outstanding plenary speakers.
- Theme lectures on hot topics by excellent scientists, such as Prof. Hua Zhang, one of the World's Hottest Researchers 2015 by Thomson Reuters.
- Excellent symposium programs covering all aspects of electronic materials.
- A truly international conference with an absolute majority of the participants coming from overseas.
Below is the full list of keynote/invited speakers of Symposium N - Materials by Theoretical/Computational Design:
- Jerzy BERNHOLC, North Carolina State University, United States
- Gerbrand Ceder, University of California Berkeley, United States (Plenary speaker)
- Stefano CURTAROLO, Duke University, United States (Keynote speaker)
- Giulia GALLI, University of Chicago, United States
- Guang-Yu GUO, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Seungwu HAN, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Nicola MARZARI, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Marco B. NARDELLI, University of North Texas, United States
- Duc NGUYEN-MANH, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, United Kingdom
- Gregory B OLSON, Northwestern University, United States
- Shyue Ping ONG, University of California, San Diego, United States
- Kristin PERSSON, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States (Keynote speaker)
- KRISHNA RAJAN, University at Buffalo-the State University of New York, United States
- Matthias SCHEFFLER, Fritz Haber Institute der Max Planck Gessllschaft, Germany (Keynote speaker)
- Abhishek SINGH, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Kristian THYGESEN, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Priya VASHISHTA, University of Southern California, United States
- Xiaolin WANG, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Chris WOLVERTON, Northwestern University, United States
- Yong XIANG, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China
- Yibin XU, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan
Sorry for the multiple posting. Y P Feng
Back to General announcements...