Messages from the Psi-k trustees and other topics of relevance to the Psi-k community, e.g. community-led software codes or databases…
In light of the Russian military offensive in Ukraine, we request that announcements relating to events, jobs and other activities associated with institutions supported by the Russian and Belarusian states are not posted to the Psi-k forum.
Call for HPC Compute Time Proposals and Further ... (No replies)
Back to General announcements...
as part of the NHR Alliance ( https://www.nhr-verein.de/en ), the Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing (PC²) provides HPC compute resources for scientists of all German universities and universities of applied sciences free of charge. Resources are allocated based on a scientific and technical review process depending on the project scale.
The main system is Noctua 2 ( https://pc2.uni-paderborn.de/go/noctua2 ) with in total more than 140,000 CPU Cores on AMD Milan CPUs (Zen 3) with up to 1 TiB of memory per node, 128 NVIDIA A100-GPUs, and 80 FPGAs. Resource planning and job submission priorities currently allow most users to achieve fast turn-around times for their jobs. Pre-installed software packages with usage examples and expert advice include, but are not limited to, CP2K, ORCA, QuantumESPRESSO, VASP, LAMMPS, OpenFOAM, and Julia. You can find out more at https://pc2.uni-paderborn.de/go/finding-software.
If you have a concrete compute time demand, you can now apply for
- large projects (more than 12 million CPU-core hours, apply by October, 28th 2022, 12:00 MET) or
- normal projects (up to 12 million CPU-core hours, apply anytime)
All details for the Call for Proposals can be found at https://pc2.uni-paderborn.de/go/call2023-1 .
A number of simplifications for proposals are possible (details at https://pc2.uni-paderborn.de/go/simplifications ):
- if your scientific project has already been peer-reviewed (e.g. DFG, BMBF, EU,...) then the proposal can be greatly simplified
- extensions of running projects are simplified, and you can now also apply directly for multi-year projects
If you are anticipating future compute time demands for upcoming projects, for example in the scope of DFG, BMBF or EU projects, feel free to get in touch with us (via [email protected] ) regarding
- support letters or letters of intent that PC² can cover the resource demands of your project
- specific resource requirements for next-generation systems, e.g. regarding main memory, storage or accelerators
In addition to the usual HPC support for aspects like software installation, code optimization, and workflow setup among others, PC2 is also offering advanced support by experts in the fields of computational chemistry, solid-state and high-energy physics, atomistic simulations, GPU, and FPGA acceleration.
We encourage you to share this Call for Proposals and the new possibilities at PC2 with your colleagues.