- Psi-k training graduate school, Bristol, 25-30 March 2007 (CECAM hosted web-pages).
- Efficient density functional calculations with atomic orbitals: a hands-on tutorial on the SIESTA code, CECAM, Lyon, France, 18-22 June 2007 (Report on CECAM web pages)
- Tutorial on Use of the O(N) DFT code Conquest, 7-8 September 2007, CECAM, Lyon, France (Final Report)
- NIC Winter School 2006 “Computational nanoscience: do it yourself”, Forschungszentrum Jülich, 14-22 February 2006.
- Time-dependent density functional theory: prospects and applications, Benasque, Spain, 27 August – 11 September 2006. (final report)
- Quantum simulation of liquids and solids; CECAM, Lyon, France, 30 October – 10 November 2006 (final report)
- Simulating matter at the nanoscale using density functional theory, pseudopotentials and plane waves; CECAM, Lyon, France, 13-17 November 2006 (final report)
- Uppsala graduate school on modern electronic structure theory, Uppsala University, Sweden, 11-18 December 2006.
- Hands-on tutorial course on LDA+DMFT, Hamburg, May 17-20, (final report: see Newsletter 71, pp. 9)
- Hands-on course: KKR bandstructure and spectroscopy calculations, University of Muenchen, Germany, 9-11 June, 2005 (Final report, see also Newsletter 70, pp. 33)
- Quantum simulation of liquids and solids, CECAM, France, 7-18 November, 2005. (Final report)
- Continuum quantum Monte Carlo methods, 12-23 January 2004
- International workshop and school on time-dependent density functional theory: prospects and applications, Benasque, August 28 – September 12
- Hands-on tutorial course on the Vienna ab initio simulation package VASP, Vienna February 10-13 2003.
- Hands-on workshop: application of density functional theory in condensed matter physics, surface physics, chemistry, engineering and biology, Berlin, 21-30 July 2003.
- CECAM-Psi-k tutorial on “Linear scaling density functional calculations with local orbitals”, CECAM Lyon, December 11-13 (final report)
- Hands-on Course: KKR band structure and spectroscopy calculations. Organized by organised by Hubert Ebert and Walter Temmerman. 18 February- 23 February 2002; University of München, Inst. For Phys. Chem.
- “Hands-on FPLO”. For more information contact Dr. Manuel Richter.
- “Hands-on FLEUR”. For more information contact Prof. Stefan Blügel.
- Workshop on application of density functional theory in physics and biochemistry. Organised by Arno Schindlmayr, Peter Kratzer, Jörg Neugebauer and Matthias Scheffler. 23 July- 1 August 2001; Fritz-Haber-Institut, Berlin.
- Seventh Wien workshop, APW+lo calculations with the new WIEN2k code, Chairman K. Schwarz. September 25-29, 2001; University of Vienna, Austria.
- UK plane-wave pseudopotential tutorial workshop. Organizers: Philip Lindan, Stewart Clark and Walter Temmerman. 5-12 December 2001, Durham, UK.
- Sixth WIEN Workshop (Full potential LAPW calculations with the WIEN97 code),April 26-29, 2000
- Fifth WIEN workshop: full-potential LAPW calculations with the WIEN97 code. April 7-10, 1999 at Vienna University of Technology, Austria. For further information: http://www.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/wien97/ws99/
- Hands-on dichroism course. Daresbury 26th April-1st May. For further information contact: Martin Lueders
- Calculation of material properties using total energy and force methods and ab initio molecular dynamics, Trieste, August 9-18, 1999. For further information, see http://www.fhiberlin.mpg.de/th/Meetings/trieste.html,
Ab initio (from electronic structure) calculation of complex processes in materials