Job announcements relevant to people interested in electronic structure calculations
Associate Professor in Computational Physics – ... (No replies)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has an open position for Associate Professor in computational physics with specialisation in mesoscale phenomena.
About the position
We seek applicants with the expertise and motivation to develop computational and/or statistical physics activities in a manner that forms synergetic connections with the current activity within the department and take a leading role to build a group that will be developing the field over the next decades. To optimize the synergetic efforts, we are seeking a candidate with the primary competence within statistical physics and/or electron transport theory with specialization in mesoscale phenomena, including atomistic and coarse-grained models in molecular dynamics, dislocation dynamics in solids and/or electronic device models.
Main duties of the position
- Be part of leading the development of the research group within Materials Theory as well as new methods and applications within Materials Theory research area.
- Contributing actively to the further development of local, national and international collaboration of the department, including both the academic and non-academic sectors.
- Specific responsibility for teaching courses within condensed matter, statistical, and computational physics; capability to lecture any physics course at the BSc level
- Supervision of master students, research fellows and doctoral candidates
- Taking part in the development of the curriculum and teaching program as well as departmental administrative work
The position of Associate Professor requires university education at doctoral level in computational physics or equivalent in chemistry / materials science and demonstrable academic excellence in computational condensed matter physics and mesoscale phenomena.
Emphasis will be placed on ability and experience in initiating and leading research. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within the subject area. Particular focus will be placed on academic work during the past five years, excluding statutory leave (depending on the disciplinary tradition). Applicants should show potential to develop a strong research program of externally funded research and scholarships, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues at the department, the faculty and NTNU through national and European funding sources (H2020, ERC).
See the full advertisement under:
Questions about the position can be directed to Prof. Jaakko Akola, email [email protected]
Please submit your application and supporting documentation via jobbnorge.no.
Back to Job listings...