Job announcements relevant to people interested in electronic structure calculations
Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Computer S ... (No replies)
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) an Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Computer Science (Visual- or Language-based systems for Human-Computer Interaction and Interfaces) (M/F)
- Ref: F1-50015380 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Fixed-term contract: 5 years, with perspective of a permanent position and promotion to Associate Professor upon a positive evaluation. In case of an excellent more senior candidate, a direct appointment at the level of Associate Professor may be considered.
- Earliest starting date: September 2020.
The selected candidate will be attached to the Department of Computer Science (DCS) in order to develop a new research group in Human-Computer Interaction and Interfaces (HCII). To complement the existing professor profiles in DCS, we are looking for a candidate with a strong background in HCII with a demonstrated track record in fields related to language-based systems (e.g., Dialogue-based systems, Conversational systems, Chatbots, Language-based user interfaces, Argumentation/Debating systems) or visual-based systems (e.g., Vision-based User interfaces, Object Recognition, Virtual/Augmented Reality).
(S)he will contribute to the teaching missions of the Department at all levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD). The successful candidate will be expected to advise PhD candidates and contribute to doctoral and postdoctoral training (e.g. organization of research seminars, reading groups, winter and summer schools, etc.). Furthermore the candidate should be open for interdisciplinary collaboration with other UL departments, faculties (in particular with the existing HCI group at FHSE), and centers, or external Luxembourgish research institutions.
The position at the Assistant Professor level follows Luxembourg’s tenure-track scheme according to which the initial appointment is a fixed-term contract. In case of an excellent more senior candidate, appointment at the level of Associate Professor is possible. Academic salaries are very competitive and among the highest in Europe.
The Faculty of Science, Technology, and Medicine (FSTM) is seeking to hire an outstanding and visionary candidate. Applicants should have an excellent international track record, a strong background in theoretical foundations, an interest in innovative techniques, as well as be open for interdisciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry.
The selected candidate will have a successful experience in teaching of related aspects of Computer Science and should be willing to contribute to the teaching missions of the Department of Computer Science at the Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level, as well as to administrative tasks.
We offer an international team at a young and dynamic university, an interdisciplinary research environment, and a wide network of academic, institutional, and corporate partners.
Special consideration will be given to female and young candidates to address the age pyramid and gender balance within DCS.
Qualifications, experience, aptitude
- PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellence in research, with a proven reference to Human-Computer Interaction and Interfaces from the perspective of visual- or language-based systems
- Experience in teaching at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate level
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Experience in acquiring and managing research projects
- An excellent command of English. Knowledge of either French or German is an asset. The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual and multicultural context.
Prof. Dr. Sjouke Mauw
Head of the Department of Computer Science
Applications should contain (in PDF format in English mentioning the job opening reference):
- A motivation letter
- A 1-page research statement
- A 1-page teaching statement
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- A full list of publications
- In addition, applicants are asked to provide recommendation letters of at least 3 referees which are to be submitted per email to: [email protected] on or before the deadline (March 31st, 2020)
All applications must be sent by email on or before March 31st, 2020 to: [email protected].
Applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.
Back to Job listings...