Announcements of conferences, workshops, schools..
Physics Boat Workshop 2015, sailing from Helsink ... (No replies)
The workshop "Atomic structure of nanosystems from first-principles simulations and microscopy experiments", which is part of the series of "Physics Boat Workshops" is to be held onboard a cruise ship going from Helsinki to Stockholm and back on June 09-11, 2015.
The workshop will be preceded by a Tutorial on Microscopy Techniques, which will be in Helsinki on June 08.
The registration/abstract submission is open now, and the deadline for registration is 10.04.2015 (April 10, 2015).
Registration and abstract submission for the workshop is possible via an online form, follow the link from the workshop webpage:
In this workshop we are going to bring together experts in microscopy and computational materials scientists to discuss the progress in TEM/STM/AFM experiments, analysis of the images and visualization of the atomic structure of nanosystems. The workshop will be focused on various nanostructures, and will include a wide variety of substrates from graphene to complex oxides.
The list of the invited speakers and lecturers at the tutorial is as follows:
* Shigeki Kawai, University of Basel, Switzerland
* Peter Grütter, McGill University, Canada
* Takeshi Fukuma, Kanazawa University, Japan
* Kislon Voïtchovsky, Durham University, UK
* Hiroshi Onishi, Kobe University, Japan
* Angelika Kühnle, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
* Jeremy Sloan, University of Warwick, UK
* Liv Hornekær, Aarhus University, Denmark
* Raul Arenal, Instituto de Nanociencia, Spain
* Oliver Gröning, EMPA, Switzerland
* Gregor Hlawacek, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden, Germany
* Lev Kantorovich, King's College London, UK
* Quentin Ramasse, SuperSTEM Daresbury, UK
Several additional invited speakers will be selected based on the submitted abstracts.
A limited number of slots will be available for contributed talks and more for poster presentations--we limit the workshop to 60 people.
There is no workshop fee. The participants will need to pay only a part of their accommodation costs (250 – 350 Euro, depending on the cabin type). The participation in the tutorial is free, but you must book a hotel room (if needed) yourself.
On behalf of the organizers,
Physics Boat Workshop organizers
Back to Event listings...