22-26 July 2019, Alicante, Spain
The “18th International Conference on Density-Functional Theory and its Applications” was held in Alicante, Spain, in July 2019. It was the next in the great series of biennial meetings, which have taken place in Paris (1995), Vienna (1997), Rome (1999), Madrid (2001), Brussels (2003), Geneva (2005), Amsterdam (2007), Lyon (2009), Athens (2011), Durham (2013), Debrecen (2015), and Tällberg (2017).
DFT constitutes undoubtedly one of the most brilliant quantum theories developed so far, used worldwide and with outstanding applications in many scientific fields. The conference covered all range of topics, from cutting-edge developments to fascinating applications and discoveries, bringing together scientists from all around the world and from many related fields.
The scientific schedule included plenary talks (40′), invited talks (30′), contributed talks (15′), and poster sessions, with contributions to the following broad topics:
- New developments for exchange-correlation functionals
- Time-dependent and real-time density-functional theory
- Application of density-functional theory in condensed matter physics
- Application of density-functional theory in chemistry
- Application of density-functional theory in materials science
- Strongly correlated systems & solids