New post from David Munoz Ramo
Applications scientist (quantum chemistry on quantum computers)
Cambridge Quantum Computing is looking for researchers to work in the role of applications scientist with a focus on quantum chemistry and materials science problems. In this role, you'll work on the development of applied research projects based on the modelling of molecular and solid state systems for industrial applications in a wide variety of areas like drug research, catalyst design or advanced materials, among others. You'll team with our researchers in quantum algorithms for computational chemistry and our software engineers in order to assess the capabilities of the quantum chemistry software solutions produced at CQC.
Based in the Cambridge office, you will be working in a highly dynamic, research-focused group with scientific direction from leading researchers. With the freedom to think independently and creatively this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build their career.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a background in quantum computing, we are looking to supplement our team with a talented computational scientist.
We want to hear from you if you have the below experience and skillset!
- Develop projects related to the modeling of molecules and materials of industrial interest by applying quantum algorithms developed at CQC
- Assessing the performance of quantum algorithms on the studied systems
- Collaborating with researchers and software engineers in the chemistry team to implement new algorithms
- Keeping up to date with the literature of the field
- Producing analysis and reports
- The successful candidate will have a Masters or PhD degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline.
- A strong research record in theoretical, computational or mathematical physics, chemistry, materials science or applied mathematics, and an expertise of modelling either solid-state or molecular systems using electronic structure methods.
- Good experience in scientific coding will be essential for the role
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of quantum computing and quantum algorithms for chemistry.
- Experience in mathematical modelling and theory development
- Experience with version control (git).
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
How to apply:
In order to apply for this position, please visit our careers website https://cambridgequantum.com/careers/ and submit an application under the field “Applications Scientist (Quantum Chemistry).
Established in 2014, CQC is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC designs solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allows the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket™, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of economy and society.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.