Job announcements relevant to people interested in electronic structure calculations
Professor in theoretical catalysis (No replies)
DTU is seeking an outstanding professor in the field of theoretical catalysis.
The faculty member will be one of the founding members of a newly started Catalysis Theory Center at DTU. The Catalysis Theory Center spans three departments at DTU, the Department of Physics, the Department of Chemistry, and the Department of Energy Conversion and Storage.
The Catalysis Theory center is established with the ambition to become one of the leading research centers developing the theory of heterogeneous catalysis and electro-catalysis. The Catalysis Theory Center is a highly collaborative effort, internally, with experimental groups at DTU and with other leading universities. The Catalysis Theory Center has a strong infrastructure and computational facility, as well as initial funding for students and postdocs.
Responsibilities and tasks
Successful candidates must be able to develop an independent, vibrant research portfolio in the general area of the Catalysis Theory Center. This includes development of a fundamental understanding of chemical processes at the gas-solid and liquid-solid interface, as well as chemical conversion processes with special emphasis on sustainable production of fuels and chemicals. Links to and inspiration from related areas in homogeneous and biological catalysis are encouraged. The successful candidate is expected to take a lead role in teaching at the BSc, MSc and PhD levels.
For international candidates, DTU offers Danish language courses for the purpose of being able to teach in Danish within the first 2-3 years.
The successful candidate must have a PhD in physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or related areas and to have experience in the general area of catalysis for sustainable energy solutions.
Successful candidates must document:
- Outstanding, original scientific output
- Successful teaching and dissemination experience from previous academic career
- A strong background in, and an innovative approach to, catalysis theory relevant for fundamental understanding as well as the application potential of new insight
- Preferably a track record of academic cross-disciplinary collaboration
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Documented experience and quality of teaching and curriculum development
- Research impact and experience, funding track record and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The employment will be at either DTU Chemistry, DTU Energy or DTU Physics, depending on the scientific profile of the candidate.
Further information may be obtained from Professor, Jens Nørskov, e-mail: [email protected].
Please submit your online application no later than 17 December 2018 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- A vision for future research
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
Back to Job listings...