Herewith we solicit for proposals for workshops, small conferences, hands-on tutorials and summer schools in the field of electronic-structure theory and calculations to be held between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018, to be partially funded by the Psi-k Network and Charity.
Submission of Proposals
– The deadline for the proposals is Friday, October 14, 2016.
– The applications should be submitted on-line using the link https://www.dropbox.com/request/Kd6oCuVTRV3whMQfMGbK
– The applications should contain the following information: proposal title, scientific summary and abstract, programme outline, tentative budget, CV(s) of the organiser(s), a provisional list of speakers/participants, and connection to Psi-k Working Group(s).
– A template for your proposal is available here – WORD / PDF. Applications will only be accepted if submitted using this official template.
– The applications will be reviewed, and the funding decisions will be made in December 2016 by the Psi-k Scientific Advisory Committee and the Psi-k Board.
Working Group Connections
The Psi-k Working Groups represent the core of the Psi-k activities. Each Working Group has a Coordination Committee of experienced scientists in the field, headed by the Spokesperson. The Psi-k Working Groups, their Spokespersons and the Coordination Committee members are listed on the Psi-k website (psi-k.net/groups). If you plan to organize an activity in the field of one of the Working Groups, please contact the spokesperson and/or the committee members.
Training activities and interdisciplinary workshop activities such as Industry Workshops can be exempted from this requirement, if justified in the proposal.
Collaboration with CECAM
As in past years, we encourage applications for joint CECAM/ Psi-k Workshops as well as CECAM/Psi-k Tutorials for electronic-structure methods and applications.
With best regards,
Psi-k Financial Officer